Yield 2 Gallons
4 oz. Olive Oil
1 ea. Large Dice Onion
1 Cup Chopped Celery
1 Cup Chopped Carrots
1 TBSP. Chopped Garlic
4 branches Fresh Thyme Leaves
Pinch Saffron Threads
½ Cup White Wine
1 Large Can Clam Juice (51 Ozs.)
1 Cup Tomato Paste
2# Little Neck Clams
1# Black Mussels
1# 16-20 Shrimp, shell off, cleaned
1# Chopped Squid
1# Cubed Halibut or any kind of fish
Sea Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 TBSP. Chopped Parsley
- In a large stock pot heat up the oil and add the vegetables & saffron. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the clam juice, white wine and tomato paste and simmer for 30 minutes.
- You may need to add some more tomato paste because you want the Cioppino to be thick to accommodate the liquid that will cook out of the seafood.
- Add all of the seafood and let simmer for 20 more minutes making sure that everything is cooked thoroughly. Check & adjust seasoning.
- Add the fresh chopped parsley in at the last moment and serve with a freshly baked loaf of bread.