- First step is to begin to simmer the blood orange juice and reduce it down 50 percent. While that is simmering, start with the next step.
- In a sauté pan, sauté olive oil, garlic, shallots and thyme until they soften.
- Add carrot juice, chicken broth, grated ginger, Chinese Five Spice Powder and also reduce this down 50 percent.
- Strain the carrot juice mix into your reduced blood orange juice pan. Add the chopped mango and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, puree all of the mango. Check the consistency of the broth and also the flavor. At this point, you may want to season it with some kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- **Once the flavor is good, bring the liquid to a simmer and add ½ TBSP of your cornstarch slurry to slightly thicken the sauce to your liking. You do not want a thick, chunky broth. You only want to add enough cornstarch to give some body. **
- When the broth is close to being done, heat the grill, and cook the cobia 3 to 4 minutes per side until reaching an internal temperature of 145.
- Serve over risotto or any starch of your choice, and ladle broth on top of fillet.