Submit Online Comments by May 12; Attend Public Meetings
WHAT: The National Park Service (NPS) is considering changes to how boating in the back country of the Everglades National Park is managed, including significantly expanding Pole/Troll zones where only electric trolling motors and push poles would be permitted for use. Also under consideration are special boater education permit requirements beyond what is required by the state of Florida. To learn more about and comment on the plan please visit:
NPS is holding a series of public meetings on the proposed changes. If access to this part of the Florida Bay Back Country is a part of your boating and fishing, we urge you to attend one of these meetings to learn more and voice your concerns.
**WHEN: **Here are the meeting dates:
- Thursday, March 21, 5:30 PM: Everglades City School, 415 School Drive, Everglades City, Florida
- Monday, April 8, 5:30 PM: Int’l Game and Fish Association – Fishing Hall of Fame, 300 Gulfstream Way, Dania Beach, Florida
- Tuesday, April 9, 5:30 PM: Edison State College, Collier Campus – Building J 7007, Lely Cultural Parkway, Naples, Florida
- Wednesday, April 10, 5:30 PM: Murray Nelson Government Center – 102050 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, Florida
- Thursday, April 11, 5:30 PM: Florida International University – Stadium Club, 11200 SW 8th Street, Miami, Florida
**WHY: **It is important that the National Park Service hear from boaters about how you enjoy the park and access the areas you want to visit.
**HOW: **If you are unable to attend a meeting, you have until May 12th to submit your comments online at:
**WHO: **Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatUS) is actively engaged with the NPS regarding recreational boating access to Everglades and other parks around the nation.
–– Source: Boat US