The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council (GMFMC) has scheduled 10 public hearings, including four in Florida, and a webinar regarding the state management of recreational red snapper. State management will allow more flexibility for each Gulf state to set their own recreational red snapper seasons.
The public hearings and webinar will begin at 6 p.m. local time. Here is a list of the GMFMC public hearings for recreational red snapper:
- Dec. 3 / Sanders Beach – Corrine Jones Center, Pensacola, FL
- Dec. 4 / Destin Community Center, Destin, FL
- Dec. 5 / Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, Mobile, AL
- Dec. 10 / Embassy Suites, Baton Rouge, LA
- Dec. 11 / Imperial Palace (IP) Casino and Resort, Biloxi, MS
- Jan. 7 / Hyatt Place Fort Myers at the Forum, Fort Myers, FL
- Jan. 8 / Hilton St. Petersburg Carillon Park, St. Petersburg, FL
- Jan. 14 / Courtyard by Marriott Brownsville, Brownsville, TX
- Jan. 15 / Omni Hotels Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi, TX
- Jan. 16 / League City Civic Center and Recreation Center, League City, TX
- Jan. 17 / Webinar
For more information, including the public hearing video and the draft amendment for Florida, click here.
GMFMC will accept written public comments received on or before 5 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2019.