Marine Industry Consumer Bill of Rights
All marine-industry certified dealers must post this list in the customer areas of their businesses.
Our dealership subscribes to the Marine Industry Dealer Certification standards established to ensure that your boating experience is as enjoyable as possible. This includes adhering to a Consumer Bill of Rights. Should we fail to live up to any of these commitments, please let us know so that we can address the matter immediately. Our goal is to enhance your boating experience by providing trained, friendly employees, quality products and reliable services.
You have the right to:
- the assistance of a capable and knowledgeable sales consultant.
- advertising and representations that are truthful and factual.
- a written disclosure of all details associated with a purchase.
- an explanation of the proper usage and operation of products.
- products properly prepared, inspected and tested before delivery.
- the delivery of new products as scheduled.
- an explanation of all maintenance requirements and schedules established for your product.
- an explanation and written copies of warranties on all products and major components.
- the explanation of maintenance/repair plans including estimated repair time and cost.
- an itemized list of all charges (both warranty and retail) with thorough explanation.
- prior approval of changes in repair costs or additional charges should they occur.
- maintenance/repair work done right the first time by knowledgeable, trained technicians.
- maintenance/repair work completed when promised.
- timely notice of changes in service delivery time if delays are experienced in repair completion.
- inspect any replaced/damaged components upon presentation of the invoice/work order.
- fair, open and honest treatment without discrimination.
- respectful, professional and accurate responses to all your product questions and requests.
- privacy and confidentiality of customer records.
- voice any concerns, directly with our management team, if we fail to fulfill our commitments or meet your expectations.